Current announcements and informational items regarding the migration process for Exchange Online.
Requesting help after migration: DotCIO is committed is committed to providing a positive experience with this migration and increasing support focus to assist with this. In order to best assist you, please submit a Support Request for assistance needed after migration. In order to speed up the process of any issues, we ask that you request assistance for primary office and home device. Additional devices will be assisted with in a timely matter as possible.
Benefits of Exchange Online:
- Mailboxes come with 100gb quota
- Increased reliability and availability of email service. Retirement of on-premise legacy systems
- Increased security
- Does not require RPI network connection to access email - no VPN needed for off-campus - security is handled by periodic Duo authentication
- Note: For web access use: https://outlook.office.com
- If have shared resources in email client that have not been migrated yet, RPI network connection is required until all resources are migrated.
- RPI network connection is either hard-wire or WiFi wpa2 if on-campus or VPN if off-campus
- With benefit of increased quota, we are working on documenting steps to import archives into live database
None at this time.