Until all faculty and staff migrates to Exchange Online, you may experience some email issues. Below are workarounds to the extent possible
- Email client configuration:
If your current email client configuration is not working initially, you should be able to access your individual email as well as shared mailboxes via a web browser until your email client is properly configured.
Please submit a Support Request for assistance: https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Calandar status may be unavailable: Until everyone is migrated you may not see the free/busy status for individual calendars.
- Delegate access: If you have delegate access to someone else's email or calendar, this will not work unless both individuals are migrated. With migrating by Division/Department/School, we expect this to be kept to a minimum time span if at all. If you find this is not the case please submit a Support Request providing the details.
- Archives: Archives stored locally or on a network drive should still be accessible. We will be providing documentation in the near future on how to import archives into your active mail database. With the increased quota capacity, this should be feasible in most cases.
- Shared mailboxes: Shared mailboxes that have not been migrated yet should be accessible with current email client configuration of these mailboxes. Once the shared mailboxes are migrated there are articles to reconfigure them:
None at this time