How to add shared calendar(s) to the Mac Calendar application.
Both individual and shared calendar(s) should be migrated to Exchange Online.
Note: Before starting, make sure the individual's primary account is already present:
- System Preferences - Internet Accounts
- If not, add it in using these instructions:
- Be sure to include checkboxes for Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
Steps to add calendar(s):
- Open the Calendar application.
- On the menu bar, go to Calendar - Preferences - Accounts - select the Exchange account
- Click the Delegation tab.
- Click the + symbol to add a new delegate, then start typing the name of the mailbox/calendar. A dropdown of possibilities should appear, select the appropriate one.
- Be sure "Show" is checked.
- Close the Accounts window and return to the Calendar app. The shared calendar should appear in the left hand pane in the "Delegates" section. Be sure it is checked.
- Wait a Very Long Time for the initial synchronization to happen. Leave the Calendar app open for 15 minutes or more before it fully populates.
None at this time.
Last Reviewed: 17-May-2022