How to manage existing devices in Duo Mobile for Multi-Factor Authentication.
Changing your Duo Settings and Devices - including adding a new or additional device
NOTE: If you need to replace your old device and you do not have access to it, you will need to submit a Support Request to have helpdesk remove your old device from the server so you can enroll your new device. Please include your RIN for identity verification.
1. Verify your computer is not currently connected to the VPN or on the RPI network either hard wire or WiFi. Then in a web browser go to:
2. At the login screen login with yourRCS userid and password
[login screen prompting for RCSid and password - click Login]
3. IF you get prompted with an automatic Duo Push, click on Cancel in the bottom right. Then select either Add a new device or My Settings & Devices depending on whether you wish to add or modify a device. You can also remove a device IF you still have access to it. Do not choose an authentication method on this page.
(choose an authentication method)
4. Once you click the appropriate link, need to confirm it is really you. Select either Send Me a Push or Call Me -- which will happen on your current device.
5. Follow prompts to modify or add new device.
If you need assistance with this please submit a Support Request
How to obtain and use a Hardware token to login with Multi-Factor authentication
- Hardware tokens we are able to support are available to purchase at the Rensselaer Collegiate Bookstore for the price of $24.95.
- Once you obtain a hardware token from the bookstore, please submit a Support Request providing your RIN for identity verification and the serial number that is on the back of the token.
- Once we assign your hardware token to your account we will let you know it is ready.
- When you are presented with a login requiring multi-factor authentication:
- Userid: RCSuserid
- Password: RCS password
- Second password – hit the button on the token and enter the 6 digits, no spaces as your second password
OR a notification to choose click Enter a Passcode - hit the button on the token and enter the 6 digits, no spaces as your second password
Duo Mobile Privacy Information:
If you do not have the VPN installed: