Mobility print is a new way to connect to RCS printers at RPI. While it primarily for mobile devices it is an option for Mac OS and Windows computers. However, plotting from mobile devices is not currently recommended.
- Chrome OS
Note: When installing mobility print it defaults to the first printer being checked and it may be a printer that has restricted access. Uncheck the printer and the install should work. Additionally you need to be on the RPI network on-campus to bring up the list printers. Once initially installed you can print to the printer(s) when off-campus while connected to the VPN.
Installation instructions can be found at http://printers.win.rpi.edu:9163/setup. When prompted for a password to add the printer, Use your RCS username and password.
For simplified printing to any RCS printer on campus, combine Mobility Print with the FindMe print queue.
- You need to be on-campus connected to the RPI network (hard-wire or WiFi wpa2) for initial printer installation. Off-campus VPN connection does not work for initial install of printers. Once installed.....
- The device must be connected to the RPI network (via wired, wireless, or VPN) for printing to work.
- Do not use mobility print on Windows or Mac computers that have more than 1 user. It is likely that prints will be charged to the user that installed the printer.
- Chrome OS does not encrypt the print jobs in transit.
- Plotting from mobile devices is not currently recommended.
Last Reviewed: 11-Nov-2021