The RCS Group management tool is an interface that can feed membership groups into other services at Rensselaer. This article is a guide for end users of the tool explaining how to add or remove members from assigned groups.
Procedures or Details
To use this RCS Group management tool, verify your computer is connected to the RPI network on campus or via VPN. Then, log in at the following link with your RCS credentials:
Once logged in, there should be at least 2 groups listed:
The "groupname_admin" group is to control who has administrative permissions to modify members of the "groupname_access" group. (The membership of this group should not be modified. Please enter a support request via https://support.rpi.edu if modification is needed.)
The "groupname_access" group is to control who has access to your system.
To modify membership of the "groupname_access" group:
- Select the Edit button next to the group title.
- To add a member, enter their name in the “New Member” search area, select the proper entry, and click the “Add Member” button.
- To remove a member, check the box next to their photo and click the “Delete Members” button.
- To return to the list of groups, select the “Cancel” button.
- RCS Group Management Tool service article