This article highlights several settings you may want to review when scheduling a meeting. RPI's subscription allows for up to 300 participants.
[Schedule meeting pop-up window]
- Topic: Enter an appropriate topic or name for your meeting.
- Start: You can start your meeting at any time before the scheduled time. You can also manually enter any time. For example, you can enter 11:35 rather than clicking on the 15 minute increment drop-down list.
- Duration: Basic License: Maximum of 40 minutes
- Duration: Business License: Maximum of 30 hours
- Recurring meeting: The meeting ID will remain the same for each session.
- Time Zone: Zoom will use your Profile time zone by default. Click the drop-down menu to select a different time zone if needed.
- Generate Automatically: The highly recommended selection.
- Personal Meeting ID: Use with caution because once someone has your Personal Meeting ID they can continue to join your personal zoom room.
- Passcode: Required and locked. By default a passcode will generate but you can change the characters as desired.
- Waiting Room: Allows the host to preview attendees before admitting them into the zoom room. Highly recommend if your meeting topic is confidential/sensitive information.
- Host: If you choose off, the host will have the option to start their video.
- Participants: If your meeting has a large attendance, it would be best to have this feature off. Even if you choose off, the participants will have the option to start their video.
- Audio: Allow users to call in using Telephone only, Computer Audio only, Telephone and Computer Audio.
- Dial in From: If Telephone or Telephone and Computer Audio is enabled for this meeting, click Edit to select the dial-in countries to include in the invitation. By default, United Sates is selected.
- Outlook: After clicking Save, Outlook desktop app will display and create an event for the meeting.
- Google: After clicking Save, Google Calendar will display in your default browser and create an event for the meeting.
- Other Calendars: After clicking Save, Your meeting has been scheduled pop-up will display. You can copy the invitation and paste into your preferred communication method.
- Enable join before host: If you enable join before host, then the participants can join the meeting before the host joins or without the host - you can specify the number of minutes before the meeting starts. Alternative will be participants are in a waiting room and will need to be manually allowed in.
- Mute participants upon entry: Highly recommend for larger meetings for less interruptions. If your enable mute participants upon entry, as a host, you may want to announce to the attendees that they are on mute. Participants can unmute themselves after joining the meeting.
- Only authenticated users can join: Sign in to Zoom: Restrict access to the meeting so that only signed-in using can join.
- Automatically record meeting on the local computer: Check to make sure you have enough space to save locally on your computer. To save on the cloud you will need a Business license.
Article is closed for comments.