Here are the step by step instructions and a video on how to map a network drive and how to setup the Network drive to automatically connect once you have it mapped on the Mac.
**Note: There are two difference between Mac and Windows when it comes to typing in the path for the network drive.
- Make sure you leave the two back slashes \\ out of the beginning of the path.
- Make sure you use forward slashes / not back slashes \
Windows would look like this: \\iacshome.win.rpi.edu\users$\rcsuserid
Mac would look like this: iacshome.win.rpi.edu/users$/rcsuserid
On your Mac:
- Make sure you are connected to the RPI VPN
- Go to Finder Press the Command + K keys
- In the "Connect to Server" popup window, type in the path for the Network Drive you want to connect to. (You may need to get the path of the drive from you System Administrator if you don't already know it)
- Click Connect
- On the next screen for the "Connect As" option, choose Registered User
- Name: enter your RCS ID
- Password: enter you RCS Password
- Click Connect
- Now the Finder window should pop up and you should see the contents of the Network Drive
How to Make Sure Network Drive Connects Automatically
- Go to System Preference
- Click on Users & Groups
- Click on the Login Items tab
- Click the plus sign (+) towards the bottom of the window
- Next the Finder window pops up, click on the Network drive you added under the Shared section (you may have to hit show if nothing is showing up under the Shared section)
- Then click on the Shared Folders folder
- Click Add in the lower right corner of the window
The Network Drive should now automatically connect whenever you disconnect and reconnect to the RPI VPN.