There are a couple of ways to give RPI Faculty and Staff calendar permissions who are on the Exchange email server and who are located in the "Global Address List"
How to give Calendar Permissions to your Outlook Calendar
- While viewing your calendar, click "Calendar Permissions" button located on the top bar (ribbon)
- Click add and located the persons name in the directory and click OK.
- With the persons name highlighted, choose a Permission Level. Repeat this for each person added.
- Click OK.
Getting access to an Outlook calendar after you have been granted access
- Open your Outlook Calendar and click on the "Open Calendar" button located on the top bar (ribbon)
- Choose "From Address Book"
- Search for the person (who gave you the access) from the global address list and then double-click on their name.
- Click OK.
Making someone my delegate
This method is used when you want someone to manage your mail and/or calendar. By default, the delegate can read only your meeting requests and responses. The delegate isn’t granted permission to read other messages in your Inbox. (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/allow-someone-else-to-manage-your-mail-and-calendar-41c40c04-3bd1-4d22-963a-28eafec25926)
1. Click the File tab (located in the upper left corner of the Outlook screen)
2. Click Account Settings, and then click Delegate Access.
[Account Settings and Delegate Access buttons]
3. Click Add.
4. Type the last name of the person whom you want to designate as your delegate in the search bar and then double-click on the name from the Exchange - Global Address List and the name is added below.
5. Click OK.
The Delegate Permissions box appears
[Delegate Permissions dialog box]
6. In the Delegate Permissions dialog box, accept the default permission settings or select custom access levels for Exchange folders. NOTE: By default, the delegate is granted Editor (can read, create, and modify items) permission to your Calendar folder. When the delegate responds to a meeting on your behalf, it is automatically added to your Calendar folder.
7. To send a message to notify the delegate of the changed permissions, select the Automatically send a message to delegate summarizing these permissions check box.