Each time you edit a document and upload this document to Box there is a new version of this document. Box shows the number of saved document versions (v) located to the right of the document name.
In Box, a version can be opened; made as current or be removed from the version history list.
[v4 is located at the end of the file name indicating there are 4 versions of this specific file]
To open a previous version of a file:
- Click the version number to the right of the file name to open the Version History area.
- Scroll to locate the version (date/time) and choose “Download”
[version history box showing version 2 and version 3]
- Click once on the file that appears at the bottom of the screen and the document opens.
- Click “Enable Editing” if this appears at the top.
- Update and/or save your document with a different name.
Training Video: Viewing a file's version history (percicipio)