You must be added as an administrator to the system to add an event. To request access, submit an ITSSC ticket.
Before adding an event make sure the event is not already on the calendar.
- Login with your RCS ID and password to: https://events.rpi.edu/caladmin.
- On the Choose Your Administrative Group page click on the link for your group (Admissions, Lally, etc).
- Click on Add Event button
- Fill out your event information in the form (field definitions below)
- Click Add Event button after form to save
|Title||Be descriptive and as clear as possible|
|Date & Time||FYI - in 24-hour/military format|
|Recurrence||Yes or No|
|Status||confirmed = Live|
500 character limit.
|Event URL||Add URL here (not in the description)|
|Image||(optional) - thumbnail should be 80px wide|
|Location||See "How to enter a new location" if your event's location is not in the drop-down list.|
|Contact||See "How to enter a new contact" if your event's contact info is not in the drop-down list.|
Check what topics you want your event tagged in (there are a lot). These should only reflect the what the event is about and/or its type (lecture/seminar, etc).
Do not use the Academic Calendar tag.
The Ongoing tag is for events that last longer than a week.
Last Reviewed: 24-Sep-2021
Article is closed for comments.