This article will provide guidance with regards to finding your Bitlocker Key if you set one, do not know it and are prompted to enter it into your computer/laptop.
Obtaining Bitlocker Key:
1. Open a web browser and head to: www.office.com
2. Near the top right corner of Microsoft Office's homepage, click on Sign in.
3. When prompted to type in your email, type in the email associated with your Microsoft account (this is usually your RPI email), and then click Next.
4. Type in associated password when prompted.
Note: DUO Two Factor Identification is necessary for logging in if using your RPI email.
5. You should now be on the Microsoft Office Home page associated with your account:
[Navigated to Microsoft Home page.]
6. Open new tab in your web browser and head to: https://aka.ms/aadrecoverykey
7. Select the device in question and then click the link for Get Bitlocker keys.
[Selecting Get Bitlocker keys link associated with device PH*****]
8. At this point you should now have the Bitlocker key for your device.
Please submit a Support Request if you need if you need further assistance.
Finding your Bitlocker recovery key in windows from this link if you still can not locate the key
There is an online website that you can try to recover your Bitlocker key as well.
- Click Bitlocker recovery key.
- Scroll down to "Where can I find my Bitlocker recovery key?
- Click on "Azure AD account" and login.
- Click the drop down to reveal your Bitlocker key if this appears.