What is Webex?
There are 4 Webex applications included in the campus site license.
Webex Meetings is a cloud-based app that provides video conferencing & online meetings.
Webex Teams is a cloud-based app for continuous teamwork with videoconferencing, meetings, group messaging, file sharing and white boarding.
Webex Events can easily host powerful online events and effective webinars for up to 3,000 attendees and stream for 40,000 attendees.
Webex Training makes your online training programs more effective. You can deliver live, interactive sessions to students anywhere, and keep them engaged with hands-on training, tests, and breakout sessions to enhance their learning.
How do I access the Webex services?
Why should I use Webex?
Webex can provide all online conferencing and teaching needs. The campus site license is for all four applications and includes all faculty, researcher, staff and student on campus. Other highlights include:
- Unlimited hard drive space
- End to end encryption ensures your information is secure
- Mac or PC /iPhone or Android
- Web conferencing with telephone integration
- Outlook integration
Where can I find help?
Webex Teams was originally called Cisco Spark and Cisco has not finished updating the documentation found on the following links. While the name is different, the software and its operation are the same, so be sure to look at anything named Spark as well.
Installation and Troubleshooting
- Webex Meetings Basic Information
- Webex Teams Basic Information
- Troubleshooting Webex Meetings
- Supported OS list
- Linux Support Information
Webex Meetings Suite "How to" and Help
- Getting Started with the Webex Meetings Suite
- How to install the Webex Meetings application
- How to Schedule and Invite
- How to Start and Join
- How to Share Content
- How to Record and Playback
- How to use Webex Training Sessions Rev 1a
- How to use Webex Events
Webex Teams "How to" and Help
- Getting Started with Webex Teams
- How to install the Webex Teams application
- Learn the basics of Webex Teams
- Make yourself more productive using Webex Teams
- Get your team working together
Security & Privacy
As a user of Webex you understand and agree to abide by RPI’s Policy on Electronic Citizenship.
Refer to the Data Classification Policy for instruction on how institutional data that is classified as Confidential can be used in Webex.
Periodic preventive maintenance is scheduled as needed by Cisco and is done during “off” hours in order to to minimize the impact on you, the user.