Webex uses the Webex Scheduler tool to integrate with Outlook 365 and Exchange Online.
In the past, Webex provided a tool called the Webex Productivity Tools in order to integrate Webex with older installations of Outlook/Exchange. If the Productivity Tools are still installed, please see the end of this article for information how to remove them prior to installing the Webex Scheduler.
Procedure - Installing the Webex Scheduler
STEP ONE: Authorizing Calendar Integration with Office 365
Before you can install and use the Webex Scheduler tool, you must authorize your Webex account to integrate with your Office 365 email.
- Log in to https://rensselaer.webex.com with your RCSID and password.
- In the menu bar on the left, select Settings.
[The left menu on the Webex website. An arrow points to Settingsand is labeled "Select Settings".]
- On the Preferences screen, select General. At the bottom of the screen, next to Calendar Integration you should see Microsoft Office 365. Select Authorize to allow your calendar to integrate with Webex. You may be asked to sign into Microsoft Office 365; do so with your RPI email address and your password.
[The Settings menu on the Webex website. A red arrow points to the General tab and is labeled "3a. Select General". An arrow points to the line item for Calendar integration, where it says Authorize to the right of Microsoft Office 365 and is labeled "3b. Select Authorize".]
- Once the process is complete, it will show as:
[The Calendar integration line on the Options screen where it now says Remove to the right of Microsoft Office 365.]
STEP TWO: Installing the Webex Scheduler
The next step is to install the Webex Scheduler so that you are able to schedule Webex meetings from Outlook.
- If you haven't already, log in to https://rensselaer.webex.com with your RCSID and password.
- In the menu bar on the left, at the very bottom, select Downloads.
[The left hand menu on the Webex web page. A red arrow points to Downloads and is labeled "Select Downloads".]
- Scroll down the page and navigate to the Cisco Webex Scheduler for Outlook. Select Install from Microsoft AppSource.
[The Downloads page on the Webex web site. The header reads Cisco Webex Scheduler for Outlook. An arrow points to a link below the description and is labeled "Select Install from Microsoft AppSource".]
- Microsoft AppSource will launch. If you are not already logged in to Office 365, please do so with your RPI email and password. Select Get It Now.
[The header on the Microsoft AppSource page for the Cisco Webex Scheduler. An arrow points to a highlighted button and is labeled "Select Get it now".]
- Your profile will automatically be filled in with information from your Office 365 profile. Update your information as needed, then select the checkbox to allow Microsoft to provide your information to and interface with Webex in order to install the app. To complete this step, select Continue.
[A page labeled One More Thing... for the Cisco Webex Scheduler. There are several text boxes for identification information to fill in. An arrow points to the boxes and is labeled "5a. Update profile information". Another red arrow points to a selected check box beneath the personal information and is labeled "5b. Select to give permission". An arrow points to a highlighted button at the bottom right and is labeled "5c. Select continue".]
- If you are not logged in to Microsoft Office 365 on the web, you may be asked to log in; please do so with your RPI email and password. Once the installation is complete, you will see a message.
[A message from the Cisco Webex Scheduler stating that it has successfully been added to your account.]
STEP THREE: Using the Webex Scheduler in Outlook
PLEASE NOTE: The Webex icons do not appear on the main Outlook toolbar. They will only show while scheduling a meeting.
When you are scheduling a meeting in Outlook you will see the Webex icon on your toolbar on the right. This will allow you to add a Webex invitation to the current meeting.
[The header of a meeting which is being created in Outlook. An arrow points to a button with the Webex icon and is labeled "Select to add a Webex Meeting". Another arrow points to the icon directly to the right, and is labeled "Select to change your preferences, or delete the Webex meeting".]
- Select Add Webex Meeting in order to add a Webex invitation to the meeting you are scheduling. If you have not yet logged in to Webex from Outlook, you may need to do so using your RPI email and password.
- To change your preferences for the meeting, or to remove it, select Webex Preferences.
- For more help in using the Scheduler, please see the training video link in the resources at the bottom of this article.
Procedure - Remove the Old Webex Productivity Tools
Disabling the Webex Productivity Tools
[A button from the Outlook toolbar labeled "Schedule Meeting" and "Webex" with a plus sign on it.]
If you have the icon to Schedule a Meeting in the main view in Outlook, you have the old Productivity Tools enabled and will need to disable it. If you do not have this, skip to STEP TWO.
- On the top menu, click on File then select Options at the bottom of the menu bar on the left.
[Account Information screen for Outlook. An arrow points to the left menu item Options and is labeled "Select Options"]
- In the Outlook Options menu, click on Add-ins near the bottom of the left menu.
- At the bottom of the Add-ins page, select the Go... button.
[The Outlook Options menu. A red arrow points to Add-Ins on the left menu and is labeled "2. Select Add-ins". An arrow points to the Go... button at the bottom in the middle and is labeled "3. Select Go"]
- In the COM Add-Ins menu, you will be looking for something that says either Productivity Tools or Webex Integration or Webex Productivity Tools. When you find it, if it is checked, uncheck it, then click OK.
[The Com Add-ins Menu with several add-ins listed. A red arrow points to the Webex Integration add-in and is labeled "4a. Uncheck". A second arrow points to the OK button in the upper right and is labeled "4b. Select OK".]
Learn how to Schedule Meetings in Outlook with Webex Scheduler
Webex Meetings - Scheduling (course: 4 minutes)
Golearn is a Webex provided training platform with courses for a number of topics. Log in with your RCSID and password. If it is your first time, accept the terms of agreement and update your personal information on your profile.