There may be times when you wish to have someone host a meeting in your Personal Meeting Room without you being present. These steps will allow you to set an alternate host for your Personal Meeting Room.
Begin by logging in to your Webex Meeting site by navigating to https://rensselaer.webex.com/ and clicking Sign In in the upper right.
Depending on which view you use, please follow the instructions for Modern or Classic view. To identify which view you are using, please see the images below.
[Webex modern view window with icons for navigating on the left side]
To Set Alternate Host in Modern View
- Select the Preferences button from the left hand sidebar menu.
[Arrow pointing to the preferences icon on the navigation bar on the left side]
- Select My Personal Room from the tabs available under Preferences.
[Preferences windows with My Personal Room highlighted]
- Check the box for Let others host my Personal Room meetings without me, then enter email addresses for allowed users, separating them with a comma. When you type the comma, it will move the address below the box.
[Let others host my Personal Room meetings without me selected and personal name added below]
- Click Save at the bottom left on the page in order to save your changes. Click Cancel if you have changed your mind. To remove a single address, click the X next to the name before saving. You can always return and remove these permissions later.
[Save button selected]
[Classic View window]
To Set Alternate Host in Classic View
- Select Webex Meetings on the top menu bar.
[Webex meeting top menu bar showing Home, Webex Meetings, Webex Events, Webex Support, Webex Training and My Webex tabs]
- On the left hand sidebar, expand Setup, then click Preferences.
[Setup menu with Preferences highlighted]
- Expand the option for My Personal Room.
- Check the box next to Alternate Host for Let others host my Personal Room meetings without
me. A box will be displayed, prompting you to enter emails separated by a comma or semicolon.
[Alternate host with Let others host my Personal Room meetings without me selected]
- Start typing in email addresses. Each time you enter a comma/semicolon, it will place that email in the box with an X next to it. To remove an email address, click the X.
[Person's name who was added as an alternate host of the meeting]
- At the bottom left on the page, click the green Save button to save your changes. If you have changed your mind, click Cancel. You can always return and remove these permissions later.
Article is closed for comments.