Now that we have our Test created and questions add to the Test, we now need to deploy the Test to the students.
Before you begin, make sure Edit Mode is ON, which is located in the upper right-hand corner of your course.
1. Click on Quizzes & Tests in the left-hand menu which we created in the LMS Basics 101 session.
The Quizzes & Test page will display on the right-side of the page.
2. Hover over Assessment, scroll to and click Test from the drop-down menu.
We will now see the Test we just created listed under Add an Existing Test
3. Click on the Test name and click Submit
There are a number of settings to edit when deploying a test.
The Test Options will display. The Name is already pre-filled based on the name we used to create the Test.
Accept the default, Open test in new window = NO
Test Availability section:
1. Make available to students click on the Yes radio button
2. Add a new announcement for this test Optional but good idea to click on the Yes radio button
3. Set BOTH the Display After AND the Display Until dates and times.
- The Display After date and time is when the Test will appear to the students.
- The Display Until date and time is when the Test will be removed from student view.
4. Password can be used when Proctoring an exam. Set the password and provide it to the student just before they can begin the Test
5. Test Availability Exceptions is used for those students who are allowed extra time.
6. Set the Due Date and Time the Test is due
Optional: Do not allow students to start the Test if the due date has passed. NOTE: if the student started seconds before the end time, they will be able to complete the Test
- uncheck if you are not going to create calculations in the LMS Grade Center
1. Under Show Test/Survey Results and Feedback to Students you can decide what you want the students to see after they press submit on their test. (i.e. After Submission)
2. You can also add a second option to show a different set of results (e.g., After Due Date).
Note: To use After Due Date, you must define a due date in the test options for this event to trigger. Do not use After Availability End Date because students cannot get to the test feedback after an end date has passed.
Test Presentation (or test layout)
1. Under Test Presentation, you may select All at Once or One at a Time.
- All at Once shows all test questions down the screen with a Save and Submit button at the bottom.
- One at a Time shows just one question at a time on the screen. For One at a Time, do not select the Prohibit Backtracking option as this feature is currently unreliable and may cause serious issues for your students. (e.g., skipping questions without giving a student a chance to answer). ALLOWING backtracking can aid in learning and lower test anxiety. It gives students a chance to take a second pass through the test and check for mistakes. It allows a student to resume taking a test after encountering a technical issue. (e.g., momentary Internet outage)
The Randomize Questions checkbox setting allows the delivery of questions in a random order for each attempt when checked.
2. Click the Submit button to save your settings.
3. After you click Submit the Success: Test Name Options ribbon will appear and you’ll see the Test listed.