This document contains the instructions needed to modify an already existing monitoring test in RPI’s Checkmk monitoring system. If, for instance, you have decided to change the threshold levels at which which alerts are generated, this is the procedure to follow.
To modify a server or test in Checkmk, you’ll need to submit a support request in the ITSSC, as follows:
- Submit a new support request.
- Fill in your contact information.
- In the “Support Request Category” field, select “Server → Checkmk → Modify Host/Service”.
- In the “Detailed Description” field, please provide:
- The name of the server and the test(s) that needs to be edited.
- A detailed description of what change(s) needs to be made.
Note: You may combine your requests into one ticket; you don’t need to submit individual tickets for each separate server and/or test.
Once the ticket has been entered, it will be dealt with within three business days.