This article will show you how to install Box for Office for web. This is to allow for the editing of Box documents live that are shared between collaborators.
- Log into your Box account at https://rpi.box.com Left Click your initials in the Upper right and select App Center
[Once on the main box screen, you will navigate to the top right with your credentials. There you can select the App Center]
- In the App Center, select the Official Box tab, the first option to appear is Box for Office for web
[In the App Center, many different add-ons will appear. Select Official Box and then you will select Box for Office for web]
- Click on Box for Office for web and it will bring you to an add on page. Click Add
[Once you select the app, the Add On page will pop up. Select the add button in the bottom right hand corner of the prompt]
- After clicking add, a Permissions Required box will appear, Select Add
[Permissions Box to allow for Box for Office for web to be used by Box to allow you to edit documents]
- It will add and install the Box for Office for web feature, you will end up at a Adding Successful screen. Hit Close to exit out of this window.
Note: You can verify that the add-on is now active by the green checkmark, which will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the associated add-on in "Box App Center".
- You now have the ability to edit documents live. Select a document that you are collaborating on and click the Open dropdown. Select Microsoft Word Online and you will be able to edit the document
[Once in a document, you will see the Open button at the top. There you can select the regular word option or use Microsoft Word Online to edit in real time]
None at this time
Article is closed for comments.