Box @ RPI's Terms and Conditions:
Box @RPI is a Rensselaer service offering. Regardless of how you access the service and where the service is hosted, it’s use is subject to the same policies and procedures as any other Rensselaer resource which has been made available to faculty, staff, and students.
- Staff/Faculty – Activities in support of job responsibilities. Personal use acceptable as long as incidental in nature..
- Students – Academic and personal use. Commercial use or any use for the benefit of an unaffiliated third party is prohibited.
You should not use your Box account to store most institutional data classified as "Confidential." This includes, but is not limited to:
- Social Security and driver's license numbers
- Banking and student loan information
- Student academic transcript information
- Passwords and passphrases
- PINs and credit card numbers
- Financial account information
- Information regulated by Export Control Laws
- See our Information Classification Policy for more information
Box adheres to industry standards for security at every level and commits extensive resources to the design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of its security infrastructure, including:
- Data encryption
- Administrative auditing
- Password policy enforcement and AD/LDAP integration
- Role-based access controls
- Password- and time-based file sharing
All files are encrypted and stored on servers in the United States. Redundant encrypted copies of the files are stored as backups on servers at a different geographical location in the United States. Per the Internet2 NET+ contract with Box, data stored in Box, including user information, cannot be "data mined", nor may it be shared with any third party.