Before creating your Team, you will need to decide on a Team name, who to invite and what channels to add.
Submit a Support Request and include:
- Team Name (the name will be prefaced by RPI_)
- Email addresses of individuals who should have rights to add/remove members in the group
Help Desk will reply when your Team/Group is ready.
Setting up your Team/Group
STEP 1 - Creating your Team/Group
- Click the Teams icon located on the left navigation pane.
- Hover over the Create team button and then click Create team.
- Select Staff or Other team type.
- Type the Name of your Team/Group and a Description (optional).
[Create your team dialog box with Name, Description and Privacy lines]
5. Choose if this will be a Private or Public Team/Group.
6. Click Next.
STEP 2 - Invite your Team/Group members
NOTE: You can also add people outside your organization as a guest to your team by typing their email address and click Add.
- The Add people to “your team” dialog box appears.
- Start typing Students/Fac/Staffs name (should appear below if they have an active RCS account), group or type an outside email address for a guest.
- Choose Add.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the members have been added.
[Add people to screen start typing a name or group on the Add line]
5. Click Close.
The Team is created.
[Team name on the left highlighted]
STEP 3 - Adding Channels
Channels can be used for collaboration on projects, reports, and to share files.
- For additional channels, click the more options (3 dots) to the right of your team name and then click Add Channel.
- Type a new Channel name, a description and check “Automatically show this channel in everyone’s channel list”
[Create a channel fields with Channel name, description, privacy and Automatically show this channel in everyone's channel list checked]
3. Click Add.
Using the @mentions to Get Attention
The posts tab is included in all channels to post your messages as well as keeps a history of all the discussions.
Use @mentions to get someone’s attention in a channel. Type the @ symbol followed by the person’s name and this person will receive a notification they were mentioned in the post.
[Posts windows showing an arrow pointing to an @mentions post]
When someone mentions you in a post, you will receive a notification in your Activity feed letting you know who it was and in what channel.
Those mentions appear in a red circle to the right of the channel name with a number of how many times you were mentioned.
[Posts windows showing an arrow pointing to two red circles showing how many times @mentions were posted]
Customizing your Notifications
You can use notifications to only get notified on important matters.
- Click the three dots . . . to the left of your profile picture and choose Settings.
[Three dots to the left of the profile picture selected and Settings option selected]
Click Notifications from the left side bar.
- Go through and choose your customizations like:
- How many times you want to be notified.
[Notifications screen with Missed activity emails selected and their options on the right]