There are several ways you can locate the Serial number for a Lenovo device.
Label on the Device
- Flip over a laptop and search for the label or look for a label on a desktop.
- This label should show a serial number and a type number.
- Printed Label
Go to Warranty check page - Detect my Device
- Go to https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup#/
- Click Detect my Device.
Go to How to find serial numbers - PC page
Three boxes appear showing different ways to check for the serial number on a Lenovo.
[Lenovo How to find serial numbers - PC site page with three options to choose to find the serial number]
2. Click on one of the three ways in the bulleted list above to see each way.
Using the Command Prompt
- Open the Command Prompt by typing Command Prompt in the search windows in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type wmic bios get serialnumber and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- The serial number appears on the screen.
- Download Lenovo Vantage
- In the upper right corner of the Lenovo Vantage screen, click Device.
- Choose Device Details.
- The Product name, Serial number, Product number and Bios version appear in the upper left of the My Device window.