Lenovo Vantage is a Software program that scans your computer to:
- check for system updates
- personalize settings
- run device diagnostics and update drivers (resolve audio issues like no sound and microphone not found)
Lenovo's Diagnostic Hardware tool is another way to further troubleshoot potential hardware related problems with your computer.
How to install Lenovo Vantage:
- In the Windows search bar type in "Microsoft Store"
- In the Microsoft Store app, click on the "Search" button in the upper right corner
- Type in "Lenovo Vantage"
- Click Get/Install (if another window pops up asking you to sign in to a Microsoft account, just click the X button in the upper right corner or No Thanks )
- Software should download now
- Lenovo Vantage should now be in your list of programs, you can close out of the Microsoft Store
How to use Lenovo Vantage:
Note: Be sure to have a battery that has a good charge and some updates require you to be plugged into power. Many updates require a reboot so have all other applications closed.
- In the Windows search bar type in "Lenovo" and Open Lenovo Vantage App
- When you first run it, you will get a window with a progress bar indicating Services for Lenovo Vantage are installing. You will be prompted to click Yes for allowing this app to make changes to this device (may show as a blinking shield on the task bar to click for the prompt)
- Wait for the progress bar to go to 100% to finish the install.
- Choose How will you be using this device - options are: Work - Personal - Gaming - Education. Interests are Optional. Click DONE
- Make sure the window is Maximized
- Click on "Dashboard" -
- In upper right click on "Check for System Updates", this will now scan you computer for any driver, BIOS and other software updates
- Once it is done scanning your computer, it will show you if it found any updates that your computer may need.
- Click the "Install Now" button to install these updates
- It is a good idea to open Lenovo Vantage and check for updates again until you get message that No updates available. Your system is up to date.
How to run Lenovo's Hardware Diagnostic Tool:
- Power on or Restart your computer.
Note: To prevent unnecessary confusion with error messages, please have your laptop's power adapter plugged in.
- On the boot, when you see the Lenovo logo, press F10 repeatedly until you here a beep or see your computer take the input successfully.
- Once you are in the Diagnostic tool, select the hardware you would like to test, or just select Run All by hitting the <R> key.
- For the best diagnostic results, select the Full diagnostic scan by hitting the <R> key.
- The diagnostic will be very interactive in the beginning, just follow the instructions given.
- This can also be done while in windows by downloading the Lenovo Diagnostic tool
- Once downloaded and installed, Launch the Lenovo Diagnostics tool and click run all
Lenovo warranty lookup
If you're having trouble with your laptop powering up:
Article is closed for comments.