The RPI wireless network requires users to authenticate via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol). Make sure that your device has been updated to the latest software version available.
iPhone/iPod/iPad iOS 11 and Up
- Open Settings. Tap Wi-Fi and make sure the Wi-Fi switch is set to ON.
One of the available networks should be rpi_wpa2.
2. Tap the network name and enter your RCS ID in the Username field.
3. Enter your RCS account password in the Password field and then press Join.
4. Click Accept the radiusauth.net.rpi.edu certificate. You should now have full connectivity to the network.
You are now connected to the rpi_wpa2 wireless network.
[Setting screen showing rpi_wpa2 as the wi-fi selected]
NOTE: If you have changed your RCS password recently and are unable to connect you will need to Forget this connection to prompt for your new credentials:
1. On your iPhone, tap the "Settings" icon to open the app.
2. Tap Wi-Fi, then locate the wireless network you wish to forget and tap it.
3. Tap "Forget This Network" at the top of the screen.
4. After the pop-up appears asking you to confirm your decision to forget the network, tap "Forget" again. This will remove the network's login info from your iPhone.
Last Reviewed: 21-May-2021