Connecting Android to WiFi rpi_wpa2.
Authenticating via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol
The RPI wireless network requires users to authenticate via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol). The following information provides instructions on how to do this.
Make sure that your device has been updated to the latest software version available.
- Open Settings from the App Drawer.
Make sure the Wi-Fi switch is set to ON. Tap the Wi-Fi icon to open Wi-Fi settings.
2. Tap the network name, i.e. rpi_wpa2
3. Set EAP method to PEAP, Phase 2 authentication to MSCHAPv2, and CA certificate as (Validate certificate).
****NOTE: On some phones, you may need to select 'do not validate' or 'None' for CA certificates.
[rpi_wpa2 screen showing EAP method should be set to PEAP, Phase 2 authentication set to None and CA certificate set to (unspecified)]
4. Enter your RCS ID in the Identity and Anonymous identity fields. Enter your RCS account password in the Password field.
5. Press the Connect button.
You should now have full connectivity to the network.
[Wi-Fi network screen showing device is connected to rpi_wpa2 wifi]