Connecting Android to WiFi rpi_wpa2.
Authenticating via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol
The RPI wireless network requires users to authenticate via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol). The following information provides instructions on how to do this.
Make sure that your device has been updated to the latest software version available.
- Open Settings icon.
Make sure the Wi-Fi switch is set to ON. Tap the Wi-Fi icon to open Wi-Fi settings.
2. Tap the network name, i.e. rpi_wpa2
3. Set EAP method to PEAP
4. Set Phase 2 authentication to MSCHAPv2
5. Set CA certificate as (Validate certificate) However, on some phones, you may need to select 'do not validate' or 'None' for CA certificates.
6. If Online Certificate Status - choose Do not validate
7. If Domain: rpi.edu
8. Enter your RCS ID in the Identity field
9. Enter your RCS ID in the Anonymous identity field
10. Enter your RCS account password in the Password field.
11. Press the Connect button.
You should now have full connectivity to the network.
Recent Password Change for RCS?
If you have changed your RCS password recently and are unable to connect you will need to Forget this connection to prompt for your new credentials:
- From the home screen, choose .
- In the settings menu, choose .
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi network to be removed, and then choose .
Article is closed for comments.