Rensselaer students, faculty, and staff are generally able to access most library services and materials using their RCS ID and password. Some users may need to use other authentication methods (listed below).
Please Submit a request with any login or password problems.
RCS ID and password
- Used by most students, faculty, and staff to access most library services, including your library records and off-campus access to electronic resources.
- This is the same username and password you use to access your Rensselaer email.
- More information on RCS accounts from the Help Desk.
The following login method is only for users without RCS accounts:
RIN (Rensselaer Identification Number) and Library PIN
- Your RIN is a nine-digit number, found on your RPI identification card.
- Your Library PIN is set by the library.
- You can change your Library PIN here.