New Account Pickup
Congratulations on your decision to join Rensselaer! As one of the newest members of the Rensselaer community you are now eligible to pick up your Rensselaer Computing System (RCS) userid on-line. Your RCS userid will allow you to access your Rensselaer email and comes with many other privileges that you will be able to take advantage of as a member of the Rensselaer community. We’d like to invite you to follow the URL below to activate your account – but first a few important points.
- In order to begin the activation process you will need the 16 digit PIN number sent to your email address.
- After entering your PIN you will be given a password to your RCS account that has been randomly generated and is close to impossible to remember – WRITE IT DOWN exactly as it appears – it is case sensitive and will always be 8 characters (including numbers or punctuation) long.
- In activating your account, almost immediately after you are given this password, the system will prompt you to change it to something that is more familiar to you and that you are more likely to remember.
- Whatever you do, keep track of your password! For security reasons passwords cannot be given out over the phone or via email. Passwords must be 8 to 30 characters in length and must contain at least one non-alpha character (a number, punctuation, etc.).
- If you need your PIN reset, please submit an online Support Request or call the help desk at 518.276.7777
This tool allows you to retrieve your Rensselaer Computing Services (RCS) account information. Your RCS account provides access to e-mail, wi-fi, the learning management system, public computers, printing, and many other services.
Account Retrieval Tool
To use this tool, you:
- Must be a current member of the Rensselaer community (this includes accepted students)
- Need to have been issued a 16-character PIN.
Please contact the DotCIO Helpdesk if you have not been issued a PIN, or for any other difficulties with this process or your RCS account (including password reset requests).
Please do not press the back button during the registration process. For security reasons, backing up to previous pages is disallowed.
When you have your Registration PIN in front of you, click:
Continue to Account Retrieval Tool
Please visit this section of the knowledge base for all those new to the community:
New to Rensselaer community - for Students, Faculty and Staff