What is Box Drive?
Box Drive brings your entire Box folder tree to your desktop. This allows you to access all the files on box through your desktop Box folder. Box Drive also supports making files available offline, so you can work on them while disconnected from the Internet. Box Drive synchronizes the versions as soon as you go back online.
NOTE: Box Drive does locally cache files that you have opened. Box Drive's cache size limit is based on your free disk space (50% of available space) and has a maximum limit of 25 GB.
If you reach this limit, Box Drive begins removing files, starting with those files that have gone the longest without opening them. In addition, if a cached file has a new version created on Box, Box Drive discards the locally cached version.
Box drive is the preferred method to save your work
- Box Drive is very easy to use and you have access to all of the content you have stored in Box from your desktop.
- It ensures all of your content is up-to-date, saving all changes you make to your files.
- Box offers an offline feature that allows you to work on your Box Drive files without even being connected to the Internet. When you get back online, Box Drive automatically uploads your file changes.
Procedures or Details
Installing Box Drive
NOTE - Box Drive can only be installed on Windows 10 OS and above
- Click to download the Box Drive installer. If you wish, you can consult detailed installation instructions.
- Once on this page, click “Download Box Drive” and choose for Windows or for Mac
- Click on the file that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- At the Box Login, type your RPI email address (email@example.com) and RCS password and then click “Log In”
- From the RPI’s Box Login page, enter your RCS username ONLY and your RCS password.
- Press Enter or click Login
Welcome to Box! Appears on the screen and a Box icon appears on your taskbar. You may want to take a quick tour to see how Box drive works.
[Box Welcome screen with a box around Take Tour located in right bottom corner of screen]
- When you complete the tour, click finish and Box opens.
- You will receive an email from Box letting you know you logged into Box.