One of the following errors may imply that there is an issue with the Webex system:
- You receive an error upon attempting to authenticate to either rensselaer.webex.com or teams.webex.com after supplying your RCSID and password
- The authentication appears to happen, but the application does not launch.
- After authentication, the web portal and/or applications appear to be missing information (scheduled meetings and/or features are not accessible).
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues globally, there is an unprecedented demand being forced upon the Internet and all associated technologies. It is likely that many services will experience interruption without notice. While preventing such failure may be out of our individual hands, there are steps we can take to mitigate its effects:
- Always name a secondary form of communication, in the case of communication failure. This can include text messaging, phone calls, email, a secondary videoconference application, or broadcast messages in your course on LMS.
- Know where to look in order to determine whether there is a systemwide outage.