How to install the Rensselaer's VPN on an iPhone and iPad.
Note: You can not be on the RPI WiFi to install this.
Duo Mobile will first need to be configured:
Downloading and Connect to the VPN:
- Download Cisco AnyConnect from the App Store.
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect App and choose whether or not you would allow notifications. Under AnyConnect VPN move the slider to the right.
- Add Connection
- Type the following:
Description: RPI VPN (just a suggestion)
Server Address: vpn.net.rpi.edu (for Faculty/Staff) vpn.stu.rpi.edu (for Students)
4. Click Save.
5. Choose Allow at the "AnyConnect" would Like to Add VPN Configurations.
6. If prompted enter your iPhone or iPad passcode.
7. To connect to the VPN, move the slider to the right of AnyConnect VPN.
8. Enter your RCS username and password . For your Second Password either type the word: push and go to Duo Mobile app to Approve OR retrieve the 6 digit refreshed code from Duo Mobile app and click Connect located in the upper right corner.
You are now connected to the VPN!
[AnyConnect VPN connection to VPN and details showing connected on an iOS device]
Disconnect from the VPN
1. Under AnyConnect VPN, move the slider to the left and Details changes to Disconnected.