How to install the Rensselaer's VPN on an Android device.
Downloading and Connect to the VPN:
- Download Cisco AnyConnect from the Google Play Store
- Open the App and Click on OK to accept the End User License Agreement
- Tap Connections, then Add New VPN Connection
- Type in the following:
- Description: RPI VPN (just a suggestion)
- Server Address: vpn.net.rpi.edu (for Faculty/Staff) vpn.stu.rpi.edu (for Students)
- Advanced Preferences: Don't make any changes
- Click Done and click the back arrow < button located in the top left corner.
- To the right of AnyConnect VPN, move the slider from Off to On
- A pop-up window appears, type in the following:
- Group: Leave as RensselaerSSLVPN
- Username: Your RCS ID
- Password: Your RCS password
- Click Connect and then click Ok in the Connection Request pop-up
- You are now connected to the VPN.
Disconnect from the VPN:
- To the right of AnyConnect VPN, move the slider button to the left to Off and it should show Disconnected.