This article will provide tips to help you disable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on Roku Devices. Roku Wi-Fi Direct operates on the same wireless frequency that the rpi_wpa2 and rpi_netreg networks use. Due to Wi-Fi Direct operating on the same wireless frequency, it interferes with these wireless networks. Additionally some Roku devices have “interference mitigation” which will disrupt other wireless access points. Both of these features can and will cause signal drops, failure to connect to the wireless, low bandwidth, and more, to other devices around them.
How to disable these features
Note: If your make or model is not listed, please reference your user manual or vendors website.
- Open Roku home screen.
- Choose Settings.
- From the System submenu, select Advanced system settings.
- Select Device Connect.
- Select Disable Device Connect.
- Startup the Roku.
- Open the home screen.
- Press these 10 buttons quickly: HOME-HOME-HOME-HOME-HOME-FFWD-PLAY-REWIND-PLAY-FFWD
Note: The HOME button is the button with a picture of a house.
- Select Wireless Secret Screen.
- Select Interference.
- Choose None.
Roku Device Connect on Smart TVs and Older Roku Devices:
- Open the Settings screen of the Roku device.
- Select System.
- Select Advance system settings.
- Select Device connect.
- Choose Disable Device Connect.
Last Reviewed: 02-08-2021