Procedure for obtaining hardware repair for Mac devices that are out of warranty.
- Call Apple Education support at 800-800-2775, option 3 (technical support), then option 4 (all other calls).
- Provide them with Serial # and details for the reason of the call.
- You should receive a Case# to refer to.
- Confirm with the Apple rep that the repair box will be shipped to RPI’s main address and include ATTN: Your Name.
- It’s imperative to have any data backed up prior to being shipped to Apple.
- If there is a cost for the repair (such as Out of Warranty, or accidental damage discount cost provided by AppleCare+), a ‘Request for Purchase Order’ will be emailed to you.
- Create a requisition in OSCAR using Apple as the supplier and include the estimated repair cost.
- Attach the Request for Purchase Order you received by email as a PDF and add a comment to Procurement to follow the directions in the PDF which needs their response and attached PO within 30 days.
- Once Apple receives the PO from RPI’s Procurement Department a box will be shipped within 2 business days.
- If there is no expected cost (no accidental damage and covered by Apple Warranty or AppleCare+), a box will be shipped within 2 business days.
- Follow directions included with the shipping box and ship computer to Apple for repair.
- Apple will typically ship the computer back after repair within 5-7 business days.
If there are any issues or questions, please contact Apple Education support at 800-800-2775, option 3 (technical support), then option 4 (all other calls) and provide them with the case#.
None at this time.