There are several features on the Insert tab that you are probably familiar with, so only new features are explained below. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/basic-tasks-in-onenote-on-windows-2eee07df-9f05-4d5f-9806-afcadb2d80b9
You can instantly record your notes or a conversation during a meeting. NOTE: It may be a good idea to test your recording first for sound before starting.
- While on a OneNote page, place your cursor where you would like the recording to appear on the page.
- Click the Insert tab and then choose Audio .
[Audio button highlighted]
- Begin speaking and when you are done, click Stop.
[Stop button highlighted]
An Audio Recording file appears on the page.
- Click once on the Audio Recording file and then click Play to review the recording.
[Audio Recording file]
Type a math problem and the Math Assistant will solve it for you. - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/solve-math-equations-with-math-assistant-in-onenote-1b37bb8d-ecd1-40d7-8d0f-5e6e46547441
- While on a OneNote page, click the place your cursor where you would like the Math equation to appear on the page and begin writing your equation.
- Select the equation, and then on the Insert tab, click Math Assistant.
The Math Assistant panel opens on the right.
- Select an action. For this example, choose Solve for x and the Math Assistant shows the answer below.
[Math Assistant dialog boxes showing steps for solving a Linear Equation and a 2D Graph]
Forms are used to create surveys, quizzes, and other forms for your notebook.
- While on a OneNote page, place your cursor where you would like the form to appear on the page and then click the Insert Tab -> Forms
The Forms for OneNote opens in the panel on the right.
2. Click Sign in and any forms you created in the past appear below as well as the + New Form and + New Quiz buttons.
[Forms for OneNote dialog box on the left with Sign in highlighted and Forms for OneNote showing New Form, New Quiz and a list of already created forms highlighted]
Insert an existing form in a page
- Click in the OneNote page where you want to insert the form and then click the Insert tab->Forms
The form appears on the right side for you to choose.
- Click one of the forms and then choose Insert.
- Complete the form and then click Submit.
- Click Fill out the form and this form window opens to complete the form.
Create a new form or new quiz
- Click the + New Form button.
An Untitled form appears.
2. Click Untitled form and type the name of the form.
[Untitled form dialog box]
3. As soon as you begin to type the name of the form, form field recommendations appear below to choose from.
[Form title field highlighted as well as Recommended below the choices area]
4. Click Choice and options appear for you to add text.
[Choice highlighted on the Form bar]
NOTE: To learn more on how to create Forms go to itssc.rpi.edu and search for Microsoft forms.
Meeting Details - Inserts details from an Outlook meeting
You can add meeting details from Outlook into your OneNote notes. Such as the date and location, agenda, topic, and attendees.
NOTE: Outlook and OneNote desktop app need to be installed on the same computer to add meeting details to your notes.
- Open the OneNote page and click the cursor on the page where you want the meeting notes to appear.
- From the Insert tab, click Meeting Details.
[Meeting Details highlighted on the Insert tab]
NOTE: You may be prompted to Sign in with a work or school account and the Add Meeting Details wants to display a new window dialog box may appear, click Allow.
3. The Add Meeting Details panel opens to the right for you to choose today’s meeting selection below or to click the drop-down arrow and select a date from the calendar.
[Meeting highlighted below from the meeting list]
4. The meeting information is added to the OneNote page.
[Meeting Details info on the OneNote page]