Microsoft OneNote is a digital note-taking app that can be used for ideas, research and project planning saved in notebooks. Images, files, diagrams, audio, and videos can be added to these notebooks, and
everything is automatically saved in the cloud using OneDrive.
OneNote is part of the Office 365 suite and can be accessed with an active RCS account. You can share these digital notebooks with people inside and outside of RPI. OneNote can be used in other programs within Office Suite, both on your desktop and mobile devices.
Why use OneNote:
- To keep organized for a Meeting. (Agenda, notes minutes, documents to review)
- To organize your thoughts for a presentation, proposal or class notes and projects.
- For Instant and Real-Time collaboration.
- For personal use when organizing a celebration/to-do’s or for lists.
- To share information with colleagues or family members instead of texting or emailing.
- For Project Management and Spreadsheets.
Logging into OneNote
- Go to portal.office.com
- Login with your RPI email address and RCS password.
- From the left navigation bar, click the OneNote icon or type OneNote in the search bar at the top.
Microsoft OneNote - Training Articles
- The Notebook structure and searching across Notebooks
- Open, Close and Delete a Notebook
- Creating a New Notebook, Adding Sections and Pages
- The OneNote Ribbon - Home Tab
- The OneNote Ribbon - Insert Tab
- The OneNote Ribbon - View Tab
- Sharing and Collaboration with others
- Installing OneNote for Windows and Password Protection (Desktop app)
- Saving a PowerPoint Presentation into OneNote (Desktop app only)
- Import an Excel spreadsheet (Desktop app only)
Percipio – Search on "OneNote" for Training videos