In cases where the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR) cannot be used, or is not available, pre-recorded video may be uploaded via the MyMediasite web page.
- Ensure that your video has been reduced to 720p. For instructions on how to do this on a Mac, see the article Change Resolution of Video for Upload to Mediasite on a Mac. For a PC, please reference your selected screen capture software.
- Log into the MyMediasite portal.
- Click on the Add Media button.
- Scroll down, and click on the icon for I want to upload a file from my computer.
[I want to upload a file from my computer icon with Browse Files... button at the bottom]
- Select the recorded file you have already created and click Open.
[Recorded file highlighted]
- Provide a Presentation Name and Description and a location to save the presentation, then click Create Presentation.
[New Presentations Details window with Name, Description and Destination fields and Create Presentation button in lower right corner]
- In your list of drafts, you will see your new recording listed as Currently Working while the Mediasite server transcodes it to a streaming format. If you click into the presentation a similar message will be displayed until the transcode completes. Depending on the length of your recording this could take a few minutes or much longer.
[Currently Working dialog box showing a streaming format bar with the name of the recording]
[Currently Working dialog box showing a streaming format bar]
- Once the transcode is complete you can view and edit your view.
[Completed presentation in mediasite]
- Before finishing with your view, click on Edit Details in order to confirm that your video is viewable and ready to share with the public.
[Edit Presentation mode window]
- If your visibility is listed as Private, click on the drop down box and select Viewable, then click Save.
[Visibility feature with Viewable selected]
- Your presentation is now available to be added to LMS or shared.