Every new user for MyMediasite begins with default settings. Unless you modify these settings to personalize MyMediasite, your presentations will be recorded as "Default Presenter" instead of your name. Personalization is quick and easy and consists of two steps: Setting your Presenter Information and Creating your Presentation through the MyMediasite web portal.
Set your Presenter Information
- Log in to the MyMediasite web portal at https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Under "Mediasite" in the upper right corner, click the person icon.
[mediasite toolbar at the top showing Home, Moderation, and person icon]
- From the menu, choose My Settings
[Person icon selected with My Settings highlighted]
- On the left hand side, under My Settings, choose Presenter Info
[My Settings menu with Presenter Info highlighted]
- Fill in all information you would like to have attached to all presentations which you create or upload going forward. When done, click the green Save button.
[Presenter Info window with Prefix, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Suffix, Additional Information, Bio Link and Email fields]
Please note that this will not change the Presenter Information attached to any presentations which were created prior to the update. If you have older presentations you need changed, please file a support request to request help.
Create Your Presentation Through the MyMediasite Portal
Instead of beginning with the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR), this method will start on the website, then launch the MDR for you to use to record. This ensures that your presenter information will be attached to the recording, and searchable from LMS.
- Click on the Add Media button in the upper right corner, then click Create Blank Presentation.
[Add Media button highlighted]
- Fill in the New Presentation Details dialog box with the Name, Description, and select a Destination (My Drafts is fine; but, if you have access to a Shared Folder, or have created a Channel, you can select there instead). Click Create Presentation when you are done.
[New Presentation Details window showing Name, Description and Destination fields]
- You will be taken to the presentation page, and will see that is listed as "Presentation Scheduled" rather than showing recorded information.
[Presentation Scheduled window]
- If you scroll down, you will see that you are listed as the presenter near the bottom of the Information section.
[Presenters initial icon with name and title below]
- You are now all set to record or upload a previously recorded video. Scroll to the top, and click on the Upload Media button on the grey bar at the top of your recording.
[Upload Media button on the left and Delete button on right at the top of the Presentation Scheduled window]
- From this point you may select whether to Upload New Video, Upload from MDR, or Record New Video.
[Upload Media menu showing Upload New Video, Upload From MDR and Record New Video options]
- If you select Upload New Video, you will be prompted to find the video on your computer and upload it.
- If you select Upload from MDR the MDR will be launched will all previously recorded videos showing, and you can select one to upload.
- If you select Record New Video, the MDR will be launched, and you can make your selections and record as normal. Upload when complete.
The MyMediaste Help Guide (HTML) details all functions of the system. The guide is accessible from within the MyMediasite portal:
- Login to MyMediasite: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Click “…” from the top menu
- Select Help from the drop-down choices
- Click the link for My Mediasite Guide, under “Documentation”