Target Audience: Rensselaer Staff & Faculty. Students do not need a profile in order to view Mediasite video.
- All Rensselaer Faculty are pre-registered to utilize Mediasite.
- Rensselaer Staff must be manually registered to have access to MyMediasite. Please submit a support request, and select “Mediasite Support and Training” as the Multimedia Request category in order to request access to MyMediasite.
- At this time, Rensselaer Students are not granted access to MyMediasite except in specific cases when requested by Staff or Faculty. The Staff or Faculty in charge of the project should please submit a support request, select “Mediasite Support and Training” as the Multimedia Request category, and include all student information, including the expected length of the project, in order to request access to MyMediasite.
Once registered, you must set up your MyMediasite profile before you can use the MyMediasite application, including both the web-based portal and the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR).
- Visit the MyMediasite Portal: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
[Rensselaer mediasite login screen]
- Use your RCS UserID and RCS password to authenticate and click the Sign In button.
- The first time you access the system, a profile will automatically be created based on your Active Directory identity.
- Beneath the Mediasite logo, click on the icon of a person and select My Settings.
[mediasite window with person icon selected showing My Settings]
- From this screen you are able to:
- Review your Profile.
- Select which Notifications you wish to receive via email.
- Enter your Presenter Info.
- Choose your default Publishing settings.
[My Settings window showing on left side Profile, Notifications, Presenter Info and publishing features to choose]
If you have not registered with the Mediasite Admin Group, you may still need to additional permissions to the system before you are able to access all features. Be sure to send us a quick note with a description of what you want to accomplish so that we can make sure all your account is properly entitled.
Installing and Using Mediasite Capture Applications
After you have set up your profile, if you plan to use Mediasite as your video capture application, you will need to install the appropriate capture application for your system.
Sonic Foundry provides the most up to date assistance: Installing Mediasite Capture Apps
If you prefer to record using your own capture application or other video recording, you can Upload Video Via the MyMediasite Portal.
The MyMediaste Help Guide (HTML) details all functions of the system. The guide is accessible from within the MyMediasite portal:
- Login to MyMediasite: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Click “…” from the top menu
- Select Help from the drop-down choices
- Click the link for My Mediasite Guide, under “Documentation”