In cases where the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR) cannot be used, or is not available, pre-recorded video may be uploaded via the MyMediasite web page.
- Ensure that your video has been reduced to 720p. For instructions on how to do this on a Mac, see the article Change Resolution of Video for Upload to Mediasite on a Mac. For a PC, please reference your selected screen capture software.
- Log into the MyMediasite portal.
- Click on the Add Media button.
- Scroll down, and click on the icon for I want to upload a file from my computer.
- Select the recorded file you have already created and click Open.
- Provide a Presentation Name and Description and a location to save the presentation, then click Create Presentation.
- In your list of drafts, you will see your new recording listed as Currently Working while the Mediasite server transcodes it to a streaming format. If you click into the presentation a similar message will be displayed until the transcode completes. Depending on the length of your recording this could take a few minutes or much longer.
- Once the transcode is complete you can view and edit your view.
- Before finishing with your view, click on Edit Details in order to confirm that your video is viewable and ready to share with the public.
- If your visibility is listed as Private, click on the drop down box and select Viewable, then click Save.
- Your presentation is now available to be added to LMS or shared.