Native PowerPoint files (.pptx) are not acceptable uploads within the Mediasite system. However, if you have a PowerPoint presentation with recorded narrations, you can convert it to .mp4 which is accepted by the Mediasite server. Please follow the steps below to convert to .mp4 and upload to the server.
Procedures or Details
- Open your file in PowerPoint.
- Choose File from the main menu, then Save As.
- Click the drop down box for the file type, then choose MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4) and click Save.
- Depending on the length of your presentation, and the amount of audio, this process may take some time. Please be patient, and also be aware that it is a processor and memory intensive event that may be affected by other processes running on your computer at the same time.
- When this is complete, log into the MyMediasite portal.
- Click on the Add Media button.
- Scroll down, and click on the icon for I want to upload a file from my computer.
- Select the recorded .mp4 file you have already created and click Open.
- Provide a Presentation Name, Description, and Destination to save the presentation, then click Create Presentation.
- You will note your new recording listed as Currently Working while the Mediasite server transcodes it to a streaming format. If you click into the presentation a similar message will be displayed until the transcode completes. Depending on the length of your recording this could take a few minutes or much longer.
- Once the transcode is complete, you will see the message replaced by your presentation's thumbnail image. Now, you can view and edit your recording.
- Before finishing with your view, click on Edit Details in order to confirm that your video is 'Viewable' and ready to share with the public.
- If your visibility is listed as Private, click on the drop down box and select Viewable, then click Save.
- Your presentation is now available to be added to LMS or shared.