While uploading video to MyMediasite, it appears to be marked as "My Organization" under Who Can View, but afterwards the video becomes private.
There are two methods to resolve this issue.
If You Want Video to Automatically Be Set to "My Organization"
If you want all video to be automatically set to "My Organization" after uploading, you will need to change your Publishing Settings.
- Click on the Account Icon, then choose My Settings from the displayed menu.
- Select Publishing on the left under My Settings.
- Click on the drop down for Set visibility of MyMediasite uploads as viewable and select True from the displayed list.
If you are using the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR), you may also want to set that option as true.
Once this option is set to true, all uploaded videos will be set to "My Organization" automatically after uploading and processing.
If You Want to Edit Video before it is Viewable
The site default (False) under the publishing settings allows you to select when a video becomes viewable, thus allowing you time to update meta data and edit the video. If you leave the publishing settings to false, you will need to wait until the presentation has completed processing, then manually set it to visible.
- Upload your video as normal. When it has been uploaded, return to your Home list on the MyMediasite portal and wait for the presentation to be processed. When processing has been completed, it will show in the list with a Lock icon.
- Click on the title of the presentation to open it.
- Under WHO CAN VIEW? slide the bar from Only Me to My Organization.
You will see a message displayed:
Note that if you do this before the video has finished processing, this change may be lost when the server returned the original video from processing. Please be patient and wait to set the security until all other editing has been completed and processed.
This is a known issue when a user's Publishing Settings are set to set the visibility of uploads as false (Private or not viewable). A bug shows the video as viewable during upload, but once the video has been processed by the Mediasite system, it is set to the default view of Private. Per Sonic Foundry, this behavior will be fixed in a future update, potentially summer 2021.