Mediasite creates a default thumbnail for all videos which have been uploaded to the server for streaming. This will consist of the first frame of video in the recording, and may not be the preferred image to best represent the presentation. It can be changed by uploading a specific image within MyMediasite.
- Login to https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/mediasite5/MyMediasite with your RCSID and password.
- Locate the presentation for which you would like to update the thumbnail and click on the title in order to go to the Presentation Summary Page.
- Click Edit Details to open the presentation for editing.
[The right hand navigation pane on the Presentation Summary Page. Edit Details is the second option below the name of the user.]
- Scroll down to click the Delivery tab beneath the video in the presentation.
[The tabs below the video in the presentation editing screen. Delivery is the middle option, third from the left and third from the right.]
- At the bottom, next to Presentation Thumbnail, click Select a File.
[The contents of the Delivery tab, with Presentation Thumbnail at the bottom. A highlighted box, showing the name of the current thumbnail, with a button to Select a File to the right.]
- Navigate to the location where you have the image file stored, select it, and click Open.
[A dialog box to browse files, with Image1.jpg selected, and the Open button highlighted.]
- Click Save.
[The Presentation Thumbnail grey box with image1.jpg now present. With a highlighted Save button to the bottom right.]
- You will be returned to the Presentation Summary page, and the new thumbnail will be displayed.
[The Presentation Summary page with the new Image1.jpg as the presentation thumbnail.]
- Be sure to use an image that matches the dimensions of your video.
- Composing a slide in Powerpoint and exporting it as an image is a good technique to create a thumbnail.
- Take note of the resolution of your image: high-resolution images will take extra time to load. A resolution of 720x576 is sufficient for a thumbnail.