While RPI provides integration between Mediasite and certain systems such as Blackboard and Canvas, users are able to obtain the code to embed a Mediasite presentation into any page that allows for embedding.
Procedures or Details
- Login to https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/mediasite5/MyMediasite with your RCSID and password.
- Locate the presentation for which you would like to update the thumbnail and click on the title in order to go to the Presentation Summary Page.
- In the right hand navigation, scroll down until you find the Share Presentation button.
[Image shows the right hand navigation on the Presentation Summary page. The Share Presentation button is large and green, below the Who can View section.]
- Click the button and the Share Presentation dialog will appear. The first tab is selected by default.
[Image shows the top of the Share Presentation dialog. There is a Quick Link at the top, with a link to the presentation and a green Copy button. Below that are four tabs, with the leftmost tab selected by default.]
- Beneath the Quick Link, select the Embed tab on the far right.
[Image shows the complete Share Presentation dialog on the Embed tab. The default Embed Size of Small is selected, and there is a box containing Embed Code with a large green Copy button below it. At the bottom is a box containing an LTI Embed Link with a smaller green Copy button.]
- Select the appropriate Embed Size from the drop down box.
[Image shows the contents of the Embed Size drop down box with options for Small (450x300), Medium (900x600), Large (1350x900), and Custom Size]
- The code will be displayed in the Embed Code section of the dialog box. Click the large green Copy button in order to copy that code to your clipboard.
[Image shows the Embed Code portion of the dialog box and the large green copy button below the code.]
- You may now paste this into the system in which you need to embed the video using HTML embed code.