Microsoft Visio is software for drawing a variety of diagrams. These include flowcharts, org charts, building plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, business process modeling, swimlane diagrams, 3D maps, and many more.
Visio on the web is included at no charge. This is the only way to use Visio 365 on a Mac OS device.
Visio Plan 2 is available to purchase for faculty and staff as an add-on to MS Office for Windows OS. The current cost is $23.05/per individual/per year and will be prorated based on time of annual subscription with DotCIO.
If student employees or students have a need for a class, the department may purchase those licenses.
Visio on the Web:
- Login to https://portal.office.com
- Click on Apps along the left panel
- Click on All apps --> towards the right
- Scroll down and click on Visio
Obtaining a Visio Plan 2 license for Windows:
- An individual with budgetary authority submits a request for Visio licensing providing the RCS userid(s) and a FOPAL to charge.
Accessing and installing Visio Plan 2 for Windows:
- Once confirmed that licensing has been added to your Microsoft Office account, login to https://portal.office.com
- Towards the upper right click on th drop down arrow next to Install apps
- Click on Other Install options
- Under Office apps and devices click on View apps & devices
- Next to Visio click on Install Visio
- In Downloads double click on the most recent OfficeSetup.exe and follow prompts to install.
Note: May require administrative access to install.
Any problems installing or need assistance, please submit a Support Request
https://rpi.percipio.com - search Visio
Last Reviewed: 13-Sep-2023