Microsoft Project is project management software that’s used to create schedules, project plans, manage resources and keep track of time. It has features such as Gantt charts, kanban boards and project calendars for project management professionals. It's a Microsoft product, sold as an addition to MS Office.
The basic Project application available on the web only is included in RPI Microsoft Office licensing. This basic version allows individuals to open Project files that may be shared with you. For more advanced features available on the web and to download to a desktop application (windows only) requires a P3 or P5 license. While it is not available to download for Mac OS, the online version for P3 licensing may have needed features.
Faculty and staff may request a license for more advanced features. The current cost for a P3 Project license is $58.79/per individual/per year and P5 Project license is $107.78 per individual/per year. Licensing costs will be prorated based on time of annual subscription with DotCIO.
If student employees or students have a need for a class, the department may purchase those licenses.
Obtaining a license:
- An individual with budgetary authority submits a request for Project licensing providing the RCS userid(s), whether a P3 or P5 license and a FOPAL to charge.
Accessing and installing Project:
- Once confirmed that licensing has been added to your Microsoft Office account, login to https://portal.office.com
- Click on Apps along the left panel
- Click on All apps --> on the right
- Scroll down to Project to access web version
- To download for Windows OS - from the Home screen (If not on home screen, click on the dotted box to upper left - click Microsoft 365). Towards the upper right click on th drop down arrow next to Install apps
- Click on Other Install options
- Under Office apps and devices click on View apps & devices
- Next to Project click on Install Project
- In Downloads double click on the most recent OfficeSetup.exe and follow prompts to install.
Note: May require administrative access to install.
Any problems installing or need assistance, please submit a Support Request
https://rpi.percipio.com - search Microsoft Project