What is Box?
Box is a cloud file sharing services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive that provides end users with the ability to access files with any Internet-capable device from almost any location. Users can grant access privileges to other users as they see fit, allowing them to share files with co-workers, students, administrators, and colleagues around the world.
What does it cost?
Box is being offered to Rensselaer faculty, students, and staff, free of charge.
What are the features of Box?
- Online Storage (50gb storage, 15gb max file size)
- Secure File Sharing (Security & Privacy Details >>)
- Box Drive (easily access all your files that are in the cloud from your desktop)
- Permission Controls (allows you to control exactly who has access to your files)
- Version History
- Box Mobile App (access all your files from any of your devices)
- Multi-layered encryption
- Secure Box-hosted backup
Get started with box:
- First time users:
Student, faculty, and staff can activate their accounts instantly
- Registered users:
You must be registered with Box in order to log in
- Get Box Apps:
Download a variety of Box apps for Windows, Mac, Android, & iOS
For more details see our Box Security & Privacy page.