Matlab users may get a warning that their license is about to expire. Our campus Matlab license has been renewed through 8/31/2023. If you receive this message, please follow the instructions below to manually update your license.
Please follow the steps below to address this issue. This is just a reminder to update the license information that pops up annually.
How do I reactivate my Matlab license?
- Open MATLAB. If your MATLAB license has already expired, the activation client will launch and you can skip the next step.
- Navigate to Help Menu > Licensing > Activate Software.
- Choose Activate using Internet. ...
- Once you have reactivated MATLAB, you will need to restart the program for it to update.
Once you have launched the MATLAB activation client:
- Select "Activate automatically using the internet."
- Log into your MathWorks account.
- Select the license from the list of licenses you would like to activate.
- Confirm the activation information.
- Click "finish" to complete the activation process.
The above steps should work, however the below steps may work as well.
- From within MATLAB, on the “Home” Tab, please click on Help, on Licensing, and then on Update Current Licenses.
[Home tab showing help button selected, licensing selected and update current licenses selected]
- Users should be able to select the license number in the pop-up window that appears, and update their license and then click Update.
**NOTE: you may have to run these steps again as an Administrator:
To open Matlab as an Administrator - right-click the Matlab icon from the Start Menu and choose More and then Run as administrator
Last Reviewed: 21-Aug-2019