Registered Rensselaer faculty and staff can leverage various features of the Mediasite system through “My Mediasite.”
Before you can use the MyMediasite application, including both the web-based portal and the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR), you must set up your MyMedisite Profile.
Procedures or Details
- Visit the MyMediasite Portal: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Use your RCS UserID and RCS password to authenticate and click the Sign In button.
- The first time you access the system, a profile will automatically be created based on your Active Directory identity.
- Beneath the Mediasite logo, click on the icon of a person and select My Settings.
- From this screen you are able to:
- Review your Profile.
- Select which Notifications you wish to receive via email.
- Enter your Presenter Info.
- Choose your default Publishing settings.
If you have not registered with the Mediasite Admin Group, you may still need to additional permissions to the system before you are able to access all features. Be sure to send us a quick note with a description of what you want to accomplish so that we can make sure all your account is properly entitled.
Installing and Using the Mediasite Desktop Recorder
After you have set up your profile, you will need to install the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR).
The MyMediaste Help Guide (HTML) details all functions of the system. The guide is accessible from within the MyMediasite portal:
- Login to MyMediasite: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Click “…” from the top menu
- Select Help from the drop-down choices
- Click the link for My Mediasite Guide, under “Documentation”