Every presentation--uploads, intermediate edits, and final presentations--takes up space in Mediasite. In order to maintain available storage, Multimedia Services has implemented a quota system for every MyMediasite user.
By reviewing your used storage, and deleting unused presentations as well as any prior revisions, you will be able to keep your account within your quota.
Total storage - refers to all storage being used by a presentation, including all revisions (head, intermediate, and archive) as well as slides and meta data.
Head Revision Storage - is the final revision of a presentation. This is the version viewed when the presentation is accessed.
Intermediate Revisions - are all revisions created during the editing phase, prior to the final head revision. Mediasite saves progress revisions in case changes need to be rolled back to an earlier version. Once you are satisfied with your final (head) revision, these can be deleted.
Archive Revision - If a presentation is uploaded which needs to be transcoded for streaming, the original (archive) upload is saved along with the transcoded final (head) revision. Once the transcode is complete and the head revision is available, the archive may be safely deleted. It is assuming that for any uploads, the owner retains a copy of the original video file on their own machine.
Reviewing Your Content Storage Report
- Log in to the MyMediasite Portal.
- Click on the icon of the person, then click My Content Storage Report from the drop down menu.
[Mediasite window showing the user icon and the My Content Storage Report button]
- Your report will be queued, and may take a moment to be displayed. Once it is done, it will provide you with a report including a summary at the top.
[Dialog box showing the Quota Information and Deletion Summary]
From this point you can review your storage in two different ways: based on total storage, or based on revisions. We recommend reviewing your storage regularly and removing anything you no longer need, and removing intermediate and archive revisions. Per quota policy, Multimedia Services will remove intermediate and archive revisions monthly, as well.
Reviewing Storage based on Total Storage
- Scroll down in your report until you see the list of presentations. Click on the drop down next to Sort By and select Storage - Descending.
[Drop down menu showing the Sort By button and the Storage - Descending option selected]
- This will sort all presentations in descending order by the total storage used. At this point you may scroll through and select presentations you wish to delete. Once you have selected presentations, click on the Delete button and choose Selected Presentations.
[Drop down menu showing the Delete button and the Selected Presentations option selected]
- You will be presented with a dialog box. Choose OK to confirm, or Cancel if you have changed your mind.
Dialog box showing the Delete Presentations and the Ok button selected]
Reviewing Storage based on Revisions
- Scroll down in your report until you see the list of presentations. Click on the drop down next to Sort By and select either Intermediate Revisions - Descending or Archive Revisions - Descending.
[Drop down menu showing the Sort By options]
- This will sort all presentations in descending order by the revision type you selected. At this point you may scroll through and select presentations you wish to remove revision information from. Once you have selected presentations, click on the Delete button and choose either Selected Intermediate Revisions or Selected Archive Revisions. Ensure that you have chosen to remove revisions from the selected presentations, not the presentations themselves.
[Dialog box showing the Delete button with the Selected Intermediate Revisions option selected]
- You will be presented with a dialog box stating Delete Revision. Choose OK to confirm, or Cancel if you have changed your mind. NOTE: if the dialog box says Delete Presentations at this step, it will delete the entire presentation, not just the revision.
[Dialog box showing the Delete Revisions and the Ok button selected]