Below are some tips when going through the software install process.
The first step is to request a license from our Available Software list. The article below can assist you on this.
Once you have received confirmation on the license, it is best to restart your laptop and then follow the directions either attached to the confirmation email or search for the directions under itssc.rpi.edu.
Here are some software installation tips to review before installing:
- Restart your laptop and try reinstalling again.
- Are you logged into the RPI Network using WPA2 or the VPN to connect?
- When signing into the server, are you using win\username rather than just username?
- If you get prompted for a login page such as below:
- choose More choices
- will be prompted for username: win\username and then RCS password
- You can get to the server by going to file explorer, then locate "network" on the left panel, right click, select "map network drive", then enter the location. If you can't map the path, please restart your computer which clears any inaccurate credentials so you can get prompted again to login with: win\RCSuserid and RCS password
- If the install is slow, the solution is to either use Ethernet to get a more sustained connection, or copy the install files to the hard drive (desktop) of your computer/laptop and install from there.
- Perhaps you may have shut down or put your laptop to sleep in the middle of the install. If this happened, you will have to restart the install again.
- You may have to turn off a firewall.
- Double check that the time zone on your machine is set to EST. Several applications have the license server set for EST and require the machine installing it on to be in the same time zone.
If you tried all of these installation tips and you are still having difficulty installing the software please submit a Support Request for assistance.