Microsoft has released a new look for Outlook 365 for windows known as New Outlook.
To have the option to choose the New Outlook view you must be fully up to date with Microsoft updates:
- In Outlook click on File - Office Account - To the right click the drop down next to Update Options - cilck Update Now
- Once updated there will be a toggle in the upper right hand corner to turn on New Outlook
- Click on Switch when prompted. Outlook will close and reopen
- In the upper right corner drop down arrow you can switch between Simplified ribbon or Classic ribbon
- Shared mailboxes:
- At this time, New Outlook view turned on does not support shared mailboxes.
- Webex Scheduler:
- There are no known issues with Webex Scheduler with New Outlook view off. However, if you have shared mailboxes, you can not have New Outlook on.
- With new Outlook off - start a new event/meeting - click on Cisco WebEx Scheduler in the taskbar
- IF you are prompted to login and you get an error message: enter email address and login to Cisco WebEx -- error displays "...having a problem communicating with Cisco Webex Meetings servcies. Try again later. Dismiss.
- Escape out of that.
- Start a new meeting and first click on WebEx Preferences - sign into WebEx - once signed in close the browser tab
- Go back to the meeting - click on Add Webex Meeting and proceed to create the meeting invite
- In order to see email archives with the New Outlook view on, you need to import them into your email.
- COM Add-ins:
- Integrations built on Outlook using COM integration are not supported with New Outlook for windows. One example would be converting/saving email folders or emails to pdf.
None at this time